Which Foldio360 Studio is Best for You?
Mar 20, 2023
So, you want to create 360° interactive images and videos and don’t know where to begin. Well, you’re at the right place. There’s a few different methods you could follow for 360° image creation: shooting with 360° cameras, using turntables, manually shooting from multiple angles, and more. After evaluating these different methods, we want to provide you with a cost-effective and time-saving way to create your dream 360° images and videos with our Foldio360 Smart Dome and Foldio360 Smart Turntable.
With the use of turntables, 360° interactive images capture all 360° of a product through still photos. Click here to get more detailed information on 360° interactive images and videos. Essentially, the primary purpose is to give customers more than just a flat one dimensional image and help them feel more confident about their purchasing decisions.
Our goal at Orangemonkie is to make the product photography process more efficient for you by designing user-friendly photo studios that already come with photoshoot essentials like LED lighting and different colored backdrops. We currently sell 2 different studios for the sole purpose of 360° image creation, the Foldio360 Smart Dome (all-in-one photo studio) and the Foldio360 Smart Turntable (independent product compatible with Foldio2 Plus or Foldio3 Photo Lightbox). Although both products produce stunning and professional quality 360° images, they each have their own unique features which may be better suited for shooting certain products more than others.
- Compatibility with smartphone or DSLR camera
- Bluetooth connection via foldio360 app or foldio360 Control software
- Automatic 360° shooting turntable
- Adjustable turntable rotation speed
- Maximum load of 10 pounds
Deep Dive into the Foldio360 Smart Dome
The Foldio360 Smart Dome is our all-in-one 360° photo studio that comes with everything you need in order to create a professional 360° image or video. Its dome-shaped structure evenly diffuses light and showcases even the shiniest of pieces without harsh glares or reflections. Because of the dome-shaped structure, this studio has more of an enclosed and condensed atmosphere in which you might find yourself taking more close-up shots in order to maintain a seamless background, helping to capture your product’s small details. We recommend using this studio for shooting dainty and delicate objects.
Features Unique to the Foldio360 Smart Dome:
- In Studio Lighting: Get a diffused lighting look with the built in LED lighting system. Control the brightness level and color temperature (2,3000K - 5,600K) through the foldio360 app or foldio360 Control software.
- Interchangeable Magnetic Covers with Sliding Door: The interchangeable magnetic covers can either be placed on the front or top of the Foldio360 Smart Dome, depending on which angle you’re shooting from. Utilize the sliding door to preserve as much light as possible and prevent any reflections or shadows while shooting with a smartphone.
- Center Point Indicator: It might be difficult to gauge exactly where the middle point of the turntable is, especially without any measurement tools. Fortunately, the center point indicator shows up as a light reflection in the very middle of the turntable once enabled and can be turned off whenever. Taking the time to center your product is extremely important in creating a well balanced 360° image.
- Necklace Hanger: Getting tired of flat lay shots? The silicone grips, located on each side of the top cover, act as a necklace hanger where you can place each end of your necklace in. Now, you can shoot necklaces from a new angle!
- Phone Mount: Each Foldio360 Smart Dome comes with a male thread located on the front, center leg stand where you can attach a phone mount kit (universal tripod ballhead) for stable and easy smartphone photography. The phone mount kit is sold separate from the Smart Dome.
Deep Dive into the Foldio360 Smart Turntable
The Foldio360 Smart Turntable is the perfect product to go hand-in-hand with the Foldio2 Plus or Foldio3 Photo Lightbox if you already have those handy. We recommend shooting larger pieces that won’t fit in the Smart Dome. Additionally, although this product isn’t a photo studio, there are still ways to address concerns like reflections and shadows by shooting with the Foldio2 Plus Front Cover Set.
Features Unique to the Foldio360 Smart Turntable:
- Halo Edge Light System: Located in the back of the turntable is an edge light that smoothes the boundary line that might be visible where the edge of the turntable and the background meet. Achieve a flawless and seamless image without having to make excessive edits.
- Larger Surface Area: The Foldio360 Smart Turntable is compatible with the 19” Extension Plate which can be placed on top of the Foldio360 Smart Turntable inside your Foldio3. This plate allows you to shoot 4x larger and is sold separately from the Foldio360 Smart Turntable.